This workshop is designed to equip practitioners with the ability to use a screening tool to identify problem gambling behaviour. The workshop will cover:
- the interactions of substance use, mental health and problem gambling
- characteristics of people with problem gambling behaviours
- the groups most at risk for problem gambling in Queensland
- the use of the Problem Gambling Severity Index (PGSI)
- practice-based strategies including the role of brief interventions, self-help and referral options.
Presenter: Gerard Moloney