Whilst clients are frequently taught about the importance of stress management, lifestyle balance and utilising support, many AOD and mental health workers do not apply these same skills to enhance their own personal resilience. This workshop aims to equip AOD and mental health workers with a greater awareness of the signs of burnout including practical things you can do to if it occurs.
By the end of this Zoom workshop learners will be able to:
- Understand the difference between burnout and resilience
- Apply practical skills for building professional and individual resilience
- Develop an individual resilience plan in a changing AOD landscape
- Identify specific post-acute COVID-19 challenges
- Know where to access further support to reduce symptoms of burnout as an AOD worker
To attend the virtual classroom please ensure:
- Your device has reliable internet to stream video and audio
- Your camera is able to remain on for the full duration of the workshop (except during designated breaks or as advised by the facilitator) and you have a microphone to enable you to engage in activities and discussions;
- You have access to the participant workbook (either electronically on a second screen, or a printed copy);
- You are in a quiet, appropriate space with minimal distractions;
- You are logged in on an individual device (do not join workshop as a group with other registered or non-registered participants).
NB: This workshop is open to QUEENSLAND workers only.