|MODULE CODE:||L3.10 -1/2|
|COURSE NAME:||AOD TELEPHONE COUNSELLING|
|LEARNING LEVEL:||Level 3 - AOD Treatment Specific Practice|
|TARGET AUDIENCE:||All prescribers and dispensers.|
The aim of this module is to orient counsellors and other health and welfare professionals to foundational AOD telephone counselling concepts, knowledge and skills.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Understand the evidence-base, benefits and challenges of providing AOD counselling and brief interventions over the telephone.
- Understand the range of practical, technical and logistical considerations and requirements in order to successfully deliver telephone based services.
- Develop knowledge and skills specific to the delivery of telephone-based counselling, including core micro-counselling techniques, and how to wrap up a call.
- Recognise special considerations required when working with specific population groups.
- Understand the importance of supervision and worker self-care.
|CPD:||This module is not accredited for CPD points with any professional association.|
This AOD Telephone Counselling module has been developed as a collaboration between The National Centre for Clinical Research on Emerging Drugs (NCCRED), Adis 24/7 Alcohol & Drug Support, Queensland, and Insight.
|LAST UPDATED:||April 2022|